The purpose of the Cultural Partnership is:
- To positively impact on the economic outputs of County Durham
- To seek to increase participation in culture in County Durham
- To ensure culture is embraced and acknowledged as a key contribution to County Durham’s quality of life and health and wellbeing.
- To ensure that the work of the DCCP links into the work of other (relevant?) partnerships in the county.
- To provide Strategic Direction and Leadership to the cultural sector:
- Break down barriers among organisations in the cultural sector
- Continue to build links between the cultural sector and other sectors
(voluntary, charitable, health, private)
- Break down barriers between city and county
- Develop a stronger and widely-shared vision for the sector
- Provide a coherent local, regional and national voice for culture
- Position culture as an economic driver and force behind community cohesion, identity and civic pride
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration
- Create the right environment for culture to thrive, participation togrow and audiences to be more engaged
- To build capacity:
- Share good practice and expertise
- Nurture artists, venues, and creative businesses
- Develop the capacity of local organisations to deliver
- To deliver cultural programme:
- Better coordinate and raise the profile, engagement and calibre of existing cultural activity
- Jointly deliver vibrant cultural programming – either through direct delivery by partners or commissioning delivery in the sector.
There will be a need to review these terms of reference periodically, but lightly, as the work of the Partnership develops.